THE SOCIETY OF MARY – Home
The Society of Mary, whilst being one of the Catholic Societies of the Church of…
The objects of the Society are:
- to love and honour Mary.
- to spread devotion to her in reparation for past neglect and misunderstanding and in the cause of Christian Unity
- to take Mary as a model in purity, personal relationships, and family life.
Membership is open to all who are willing to keep the Rule, which includes:
- Members shall keep a Rule of Life, which will include such special devotions as the Angelus, the Rosary, the Litany and Anthems of Our Lady.
- They will pray for departed members of the Society and offer Mass for them.
- They will take part in the Mass on the principal Feasts of Our Lady.
- They will engage in apostolic and pastoral work, according to opportunity, under the guidance of the local Ward Officers and the General Council.
Where there are enough members of the Society, they can form a Ward, with a priest as Superior and a Secretary who may be either lay or ordained. Where there are fewer members, a Cell can be formed. Isolated members can be attached to the Headquarters Ward. Wards and Cells may gather for prayer and worship, for fellowship and fun.
The Society of Mary is not affiliated to any individual Marian shrine or institution and is keen to promote equally all the different aspects of devotion to Mary.
To join, please
complete and return this form.