Visitor and Business Visas

Visitor visas are non-immigrant visas into the United States for business, pleasure, medical treatment and…

Visitor visas are non-immigrant visas into the United States for business, pleasure, medical treatment and family visits. You must have a passport that is valid for the duration of your trip and proof of funds to cover expenses.

Business visas allow foreign entrepreneurs and company employees to travel to other countries for commercial purposes. Learn how they work and how to navigate the process. Learn more about visitor and business visas.

Business Visas

Unlike tourist visas, business visas allow you to conduct certain types of work in the country where you are traveling. These are typically limited to administrative activities like logistical management and relations rather than actual labor or services. However, these may vary from country to country.

Those who wish to open a new branch of their company in another country, for example, will need a business visa.

Other reasons for a business visa include attending meetings or conferences, consultations with business associates, or participating in educational or professional events.

In order to apply for a business visa, you will need a valid passport, proof of travel insurance, and a round trip ticket. You should also bring a letter from your employer that specifies your position, salary, and how long you have been employed with the company. You should also have a clear plan of your trip and the duration of your stay in the destination country.

Tourist Visas

A tourist visa enables travellers to enter a country for sightseeing and short-term business trips. Typically, these are single-entry visas with limited stays of 30 to 90 days.

A travel visa can be issued in advance by a foreign government’s embassy or consulate or, with some countries, through a designated visa application center. Applicants need to supply documentation of their purpose for travel, including hotel reservations and flight itineraries. They also need to prove they have funds for their trip and that they are able to provide for themselves in the destination country. They may have to pass security or health checks.

A business visa permits workers to visit a country for non-work related activities such as consulting with business associates, attending scientific, educational or professional conventions/conferences, settling an estate, or negotiating contracts. This type of visa can be divided into two categories: the B-1 and the B-2. Depending on the category of visa, travelers may need to pass fingerprint scans or other security checks before being granted entry into a country.

B1 Visa

The B1 Visa is designed for persons travelling to the US temporarily on business. This can include a variety of situations such as attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions and conferences; relocating a company to the United States; conducting contract negotiations; and meeting with customers and employees.

It can also be used for things such as settling an estate, taking exams or obtaining licenses that are only available in the US, and visiting family and friends who live in the country. However, a traveler on a B1 visa is not allowed to engage in employment (including part-time jobs) in the United States.

NNU Immigration are experts across all classes of US visas and can advise on the appropriate category for your travel plans. We can then help with the preparation and filing of your application to ensure that your visa is processed quickly and effectively. We will also support you through the visa interview.

B2 Visa

The B2 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa for individuals who wish to visit the United States of America on vacation or travel for tourism purposes. This includes visiting friends and family, getting certain medical treatments and participating in social events like music or sports contests that are not professionally sponsored.

Visitors in B visa status are permitted to accept honoraria payments or reimbursements for activities related to their visitor status, but not more than what is reasonable under the circumstances. It is important to note that B visas do not allow for work in the United States, and that individuals seeking to change to F-1 or J-1 status from this category must receive authorization from USCIS before making that transition.