The University of Houston Law Center is the leading law school in the nation’s fourth-largest city. Excellence and value are the hallmarks of our law school. We encourage prospective students to investigate all of the advantages that make the Law Center what it is: an unparalleled value in legal education and a great place to launch a career in law.
Since 2018, UHLC has received more awards from preLaw magazine than any other law school. Click here to find out more.
- We are a highly ranked law school located in one of the nation’s top legal markets. The city of Houston is also home to the world’s largest health care and medical complex and recognized as the energy capital of the world with multiple Fortune 500 companies headquartered here.
- The Law Center is among the nation’s best law schools in a number of categories. Our Intellectual Property Law and Health Law programs are consistently ranked in the Top 10 by U.S. News & World Report. We are considered one of the “best value” law schools in terms of offering a high quality legal education at a competitive cost. The Law Center is ranked 29th by the National Law Journal among “Go to” law schools based on the percent of graduates hired by the top 250 law firms in the U.S.
- Earn your law degree at a top law school taught by professors that take a modern approach to their teaching and incorporate practical skills to reinforce legal theory.
- As a core strength of the Law Center, we emphasize collaboration rather than competition. To help achieve this, Full-time and Part-Time Evening students are placed into sections in which they share all their first-year classes.
- The Law Center maintains a broad course offering that affords not only exploration of the law, but also the opportunity for focused study of many different types of law degrees.
- The Law Center’s clinical programs offer hands-on training in which our students have worked on precedent-setting cases in state and federal courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court.
- The Law Center’s Career Development Office provides our upper-division students with opportunities to participate in externships with non-profit organizations and government agencies and judicial internships with federal appellate and district courts as well as state appellate and trial courts. A wealth of opportunities are available in the Houston area, but Law Center students have earned credit for work performed in other areas of the country and globally, across the world.
The UH Law Center is among the national leaders in the number of dual degree programs offered. Our innovative programs allow students to earn two degrees in less time than it would take to complete the degrees separately. Students interested in pursuing this option must make separate application to the UH Law Center and to the desired program. Dual degree programs include a JD with:
- LLM with the University of Houston Law Center
- MBA with the University of Houston Bauer College of Business
- MA in History with University of Houston
- MSW with University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work
- MPH with the University of Texas Health Science Center
- MD with Baylor College of Medicine
- Ph.D. in Medical Humanities with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- MPP with the University of Houston Hobby School of Public Affairs
- MPA with the University of Houston College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
Mar. 30, 2020 University of North Texas Criminal Justice Career Day
Cancelled – Apr. 2, 2020 Admitted Student Diversity Reception
Cancelled – Apr. 3, 2020 Admitted Student Day