Updated: 5:00pm AEDT on Wednesday, 1 April 2020
- Public gatherings, excluding household members, have been reduced to a maximum of two people. Check State and Territory websites for further enforcement information.
- Everyone should stay home unless you are: shopping for essentials, receiving medical care, exercising or travelling to work or education. Read more.
- People aged over 70; aged over 65 with pre-existing conditions, or Indigenous people aged over 50 with pre-existing conditions should stay home wherever possible for their own protection.
- The Government has announced a $130 billion JobKeeper Payment to keep more Australians in jobs and support businesses affected by the Coronavirus. Read more.
- Evictions will be put on hold for 6 months by the states and territories. Landlords and renters are encouraged to talk about short term agreements. More information to come this week.
- If you are in self-isolation because you are confirmed or suspected to have Coronavirus (COVID-19), or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, use this form to help us track the spread of the virus. Read more.
- A safety net package of $1.1 billion has been announced by the Prime Minister to expand mental health and telehealth services, increase domestic violence services and provide more emergency food relief. Read more.
- Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.
Up to date Coronavirus alerts and news
Health alerts & advice
View the latest advice and recommendations from the Department of Health
Restrictions & safety advice
Understand the current status of restrictions and latest safety advice
How to access financial help during the Coronavirus pandemic
Education & child care information
Latest advice for parents, students and all education providers
Business & employer information
Financial support and information for businesses of all sizes
State and Territory Government information
Refer to your local state government for the latest responses to the Coronavirus pandemic